Abstract submission guidance:
- Abstracts must be submitted via this website. Faxed or posted abstracts will NOT be accepted.
- The submitting author MUST be the presenting author.
- Abstracts must be submitted before midnight of the abstract submission deadline. Abstracts received after this deadline will NOT be accepted.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the faculty and successful applicants will be chosen based on originality and scientific quality of the work. Abstracts will be either accepted for oral presentation, poster display or rejected.
- The BSI/NVVI 2016 Congress Committee reserves the right to accept or refuse an abstract, to designate abstracts as either oral or poster presentations and to choose a suitable session for the abstract.
- Work must be original and not have been published previously.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- Abstracts must be typed in English.
- The title of the abstract should be a maximum of 150 characters. Abstracts must be structured (background, methods, results) and no more than 300 words excluding the title and authors’ names. Abstracts exceeding this limit will be truncated.
- Abstracts must include the names of the presenting author, co-authors and institutes. These details are not included in the 300 word count.
- Use standard abbreviations and place a special or unusual abbreviation in parenthesis after the full word appears. Write numbers as numerals rather than words.
- Authors are required to indicate which category the abstract they are submitting corresponds to best. A drop down menu is included for this purpose. Keywords should also be provided if possible in order to ensure that accepted abstracts are allocated to the correct categories.
- Please notify email@example.com if you need to make any changes to the abstract after it has been submitted. Please include the name of the presenting author and the title of the abstract.
- The presenting author must be registered for at least the first two days of the BSI/NVVI 2016 Congress.
The reviewing process will commence once the abstract submission deadline has passed. This will take several weeks after which you will be notified of your abstract status. After selection, all presenting authors will be sent full details regarding the scheduling of their presentation, including the time and date as well as the format of the presentation.
For all abstract and scientific programme queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.